Here at Mere Cinema, we’re not simply interested in documenting your event…we want to tell your story. Our goal is to create a film that embodies the look and feel of your special day, with attention to detail that captures small but significant aspects that might otherwise get missed. We don’t offer a ton of different packages or come up with a long list of add-on items for you to purchase. We approach your event with the simple and straightforward notion of trying to capture as much of the day as we can and give you a finished product that you will enjoy sharing with friends and family for years to come.
Our films are customizable, but here’s an idea of what a finished product normally includes:
1. A Creative film: We pull together footage from throughout the day, including you getting ready, taking pictures, your ceremony, reception, and other moments. We can incorporate both prerecorded music and audio from your wedding or dinner speeches. How often are you really going to sit down and watch your full wedding ceremony with family and friends? With a creative film, you can easily share your day with others in an engaging and creative format. Package #1 includes a 3-5 minute highlight film, while Package #2 and #3 include a 5-10 minute more in-depth short film.
2. A Chronological Edit of footage from the day that includes:
- Preparations/Getting Ready: Footage from the morning that includes venue prep, hair, make-up and the bridal party getting ready. The amount of footage and the number of locations we can visit varies from package to package. We will also capture footage of family and friends during some of the formal photo sessions as we are able to do so.
- Full length wedding ceremony: Shot from 2-3 camera angles with professional sound. This is your wedding ceremony, from start to finish. We will work with you and your venue to film your ceremony from the best available locations, making sure you are comfortable with the level of our visibility during the ceremony. We will also place our own microphones to capture high quality audio.
- Reception Key Moments: We document all dinner speeches, key moments and special dances. These are included, along with the recorded audio, as a part of the chronological edit.
- Reception Highlight Reel: We capture a lot of additional footage from the reception, more than we can possibly insert into a creative film. We will take selections of what we capture and create a separate reception highlight reel so that you can relive those moments again – capturing footage of your guests, details of you decor and the party on the dance floor. This is a great way to remember the feel of your reception as well as blackmail any friends or relatives that we catch on camera.
We encourage you to check out some examples of our work. Again, our goal is to present you with a finished product that reflects who you are and what is important to you, so every video is different. We spend time getting to know you to find out how we can best tell the story of your wedding day or event. We’d love to work with you to create something personal and unique – so don’t hesitate to contact us!